Sunday, November 28, 2010

A time for giving thanks...

...and I've got a feeling.
Well, what can I say? My most favorite time of year is among us, this year however is special. I don't know if it is because I am getting older, and realize how fast time really can go. Or if I am a little wiser with each coming year and really appreciate things so much more. And it very well may be a combination of all.
I was really thinking of all of the things I am thankful for, but when really praying and thanking God for all of the "things" in my life. The very "thing" that I am thankful for is HIM and His will for my life. As I pray, He has revealed to me a heart, my heart, a heart that had never felt before knowing Him. God is calling me to serve, to give, to fulfill my hearts deepest desires. I can't wait to see what He will reveal for my life next, He is stirring something within me. It is going to be BIG I just have a feeling. That's just how God works with me, as if my four kids aren't proof :)

Ashley was out of town hunting for opening weekend, so I had some time for me, I had the weekend planned out! I prayed, like I always do, I felt lead to do something to give to those in need. I knew this was of God, because I had plans...so many things I wanted to get done. Instead, I searched the Internet, good old Internet :) I found an organization called Samaritan's Purse. We participated in "Operation Christmas Child" The boys and I spent the day with Grandma Laurie and filled five shoe boxes with goodies like activities, snacks, toys etc. They will be soon shipped off to other countries for children in need for Christmas. What an interesting concept for a five year old. This was such a blessing to be a part of.


Avery and me.


Tate working on his box.


My Mom and me.
 
Avery working on his box.

So, as for our family, this special time of year, we are working on our hearts...and being servants of God. Not to just teach a heart of Jesus, but to live by example. To give to those in need. To do something BIG to make a difference. To listen and obey God. To give thanks for HIM and His will for our lives. Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving. We did.

No comments: