Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Answered prayers, embraced...

God certainly answered the prayers of two little boys that live in our house! "Jesus finally poured down the snow!" Twenty some inches to be exact! Snow from heaven, and for a family that loves it, it sure was a blessing from heaven. A weekend that we will never forget! It brought Ashley and I back to our own childhood memories; memories of the simple pleasures in life! For a moment in time we felt like kids again. It's funny, that something as simple as "snow" can bring back such a feeling. I embrace!  


The wreath on my front door...

Little tree by morning...

The boys spent the majority of the day on their snowmobiles. Taking turns with the neighbor kids. Good thing Dad had lots of gas!

A winter wonderland!

Avery giving Eric a ride.

Mr. Snow Cross himself, Tate.


Blazing a trail...We had SO much snow, Ashley had to pack down the snow with his snowmobile. They kept getting stuck.
They rode into the night, taking a little break here and there.


Tate and Avery...a day that they will remember as long as they live. Fun like no other!


Little tree by night.


Ashley plowed and plowed and plowed...to his hearts content. Between the four wheeler and the skid steer he had it covered! As for me, I had quiet time sewing with my friend Angie. Grandma Vicky, so kindly watched Blane and Ryder for what turned into "the weekend" I took advantage...I made some snazzy little bags for the kids' teacher gifts. I took a few breaks to check on the snowmobilers and the plower. How often do we get a weekend that we "can't" go anywhere and everything is cancelled!? It truly was a blessing from heaven. I just, embrace; embrace the simple pleasures of life. For it is those little memories that last a lifetime!

Operation "Bag Lady" Complete!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Wow Jen those bags are awesome...lucky teachers!