Monday, December 20, 2010

A timeless tradition.

Finally finished... When I was a kid, Christmas couldn't come fast enough. I can remember getting through each long day watching the clock, thinking about how slow time goes; especially when you are waiting anxiously for something. On the other hand, being an adult, I wish I could say I still felt that way. My lists get longer every year! And it seems I have not enough hours in the day to do all of the things that my lists entail. As much as I hate to admit, living by a list is now a way of life for me and I have come to the conclusion that I will probably live by a list for many many years to come; women have been doing it for years! So, it was my goal this year to get rid shorten the never ending lists.
Well, I managed to get our house decorated and the "totes" put away before December 25th; praise God! I limited the baking this year to only our my favorites. The amount of gifts have decreased, making decisions less stressful; there are only 2 things left on the "to get" list. The Christmas cards are still in progress all 125 of them...that is a list I have tried failed to shorten, I cant find it in my heart to do so. Our Christmas tree is looking and smelling lovely as ever; all 13 feet of it...another thing we fail to shorten. It's just, so beautiful!  
This year I have learned that "less is more" and I will live by this for many more to come. It is so very rewarding to be finally finished. May the Son bless your day:) 
 









No comments: