Thursday, January 6, 2011

A perfect day...in the life of a very domestic house wife.

My cup overflows!
I am feeling really relieved, most of all incredibly thankful. I am truly blessed and I mean truly! 2011 couldn't be off to a better start! I will say it again, 'start'. I am wise enough to know that all good things come to an end...so I am cherishing every second. Let me tell you why.
We have all been sick and better and sick again. For the past few weeks we have been fighting this awful bug. Taking turns, some of us worse than others and passing it back and forth. The big boys want to see this bug and question "where does the bug go when we feel better?" Quite frankly, I don't care; I'm just glad it is finally GONE! We made the best of the Holiday situation...we weren't gonna let Satan keep us from the celebration of Jesus' Birthday! So, today I am thankful for our health, that we are all up and running; quite literally as we are finally on the mend!
I started out this fine day with a little exercise. It has had a huge impact on my life. Up until a few months ago, I didn't realize how important it is for my over all health. For me, exercise is far more beneficial for my mental health; the physical results are just icing on the cake. I have lost 15 pounds and it feels good. I have battled with depression since the age of 14 and besides giving birth, I've never really "lost weight" so, like many women I have struggled with body image. I have intended to start countless "diets" on Monday and on and on and on...
 In my 15 pound accomplishment, I have discovered things about myself that I never knew before. Such a small number; though major changes within me. I crank my Christian music mix and worship God, while working out! I know feel in my heart that I am having success because I confess my true heart to Him. For a long time I wanted to do it for my husband, so he would think I was more attractive or to look like someone else; I wanted to live up to the image of what I thought a perfect woman was. That's when I realized through prayer that I was and am created in God's image. And after a God given conversation with my husband, it was clear. He told me that he loves me no matter what and that I owe it to myself...in that moment he loved me more than I loved myself. So, if you've read my past posts you will know what I mean when I say...the heart of the home is now a happy one! :)  It affirms that "when mama is happy, everybody is happy." I am still working everyday to be the wife and mother that God designed me to be, that of noble character.
Supper is in the oven! The delightful smells of a beef roast accompanied by baby red potatoes and carrots fill the house. I love to have something cooking, it makes my little domestic heart sing!
I little piece of Heaven on earth...sitting right on my counter. My Keurig, my friend. My Dad and Mom gave this to me for Christmas and I am putting it to good use. I'm drinking a few more cups than usual these days, but it's just SO good!  One more thing making this a perfect day!
I'm not a big reader, but there is nothing like a good book! I am reading this AMAZING story! I can totally relate to this woman, in her struggles; some of which I talked about today. I heard her and Steven Curtis speak at the Women of Faith Conference in October. God continues to bring things to my attention, piece by piece the puzzle fits together. I am in awe when He lay obvious resources in my hand. You have heard me say before that God is stirring something inside of me, something BIG. My heart  is longing to adopt a child, and has been for years. Ashley, not so much. God is making it very clear to me; the plans that He has for us. Even if it is only within me right now, I am believing that all things are possible through Him. He sure has proven that to us in the last five years...
 If it were up to "our original plan" we would have our two perfect kids, a boy and a girl. We would be financially set. We would go on dates and trips...etc. etc. Our two pregnancies supernaturally turned into four kids all of which are boys and all boy they are! We are tired and stressed, somehow making ends meet, we never go on dates and trips are few and far between.
 I guess what I am trying to say is: God has a Plan and it is all in His Timing! I'm loving His Plan, though not always His timing. He. is. in. control. I use to hate the thought of not having control, and from time to time I still like to think or feel like I am. I think it is so comforting to know that I am not, but He is. I am relieved, most of all incredibly thankful. As I lift my hands, I am truly blessed, I mean truly; I praise him for making this a perfect day! Happy Thursday.


For all of the "Anderson Boys" fans out there, I will post Christmas pictures soon :) God Bless.

No comments: