Monday, May 9, 2011

A little of this...a little of that...

A crazy week in the life of a very domestic house wife...
This past week has been a bit hectic to say the very least. I am not complaining because I managed to pull it all off...but I truly couldn't have done any of it without the help of my Heavenly Father! I have been baking and sewing along with all of the daily duties that my job requires...and I even squeezed a couple haircuts in there. It is the beginning of race season and it is safe to say that I have been doing a bit of single parenting as well. Lets also throw out there that Ashley hasn't touched the racecar since last race season and he decided to get it ready in a matter of two weeks... I am not quite sure why, but men just can't get anything done with children around...while I don't blame him...I still manage; because I have no other choice. Thank God for the gift of multi-tasking.
Here is a run down of my week:
Monday, I can't remember back that far; but we did go to a 4H meeting that night. We are thinking about what we are going to bring to the fair. Tuesday I spent all day sewing: napkins, table cloth for my table and a diaper bag and small purse to donate for the silent auction on Saturday. Wednesday I had SAMmy's, it was my day to bring snack so I thought I would get up early and make a fresh loaf of banana bread...well I didn't get up quite early enough...it wasn't done in time. I ended up surrendering to God and stopping at the gas station of all places and picking up these cute little pastries which looked a hundred times better than they tasted! Quite a disappointment! I was humbled. While I was in Eau Claire that day I thought I would go to Joann; I picked up some super cute fabric and I thought it would be fun to make some little "party favor"purses for the party on Saturday. I came home and began cutting fabric for eight purses. Thursday I got up early and started sewing...I had two purses done by 9:00am I was on a roll! I didn't stop for anything...the babies and I spent almost the entire day in the basement only coming upstairs for food and water:) I listened to a whole book on tape that day/night. (90 minutes in Heaven) it was awesome! I highly recommend everyone to read it! It will truly change your perspective on things. It did mine. Friday was Tate's last snack and show and tell day of the year, so I managed to bake him a special snack, oatmeal banana cookies with chocolate chips, his favorite. I don't know what it is about sending my child to school with a homemade snack; but it makes me feel like a "good mom" I can see in his eyes that he feels special and loved; that I took the time to do that especially for him:) Friday started off by brewing more cups of coffee than necessary but I was a bit overwhelmed! I started baking the cakes for the school carnival. I then began gathering up all of my table decor and headed to the church for table set up. After that I rushed home with enough time to frost the cakes...Friday night was the Elk Mound Elementary School Carnival, I had to work at the cake walk at 5:00. I was looking forward to taking both boys but, Tate was determined to stay with Dad and go "racing" I didn't argue, I thought to myself  "it isn't his high school prom, I don't think he'll regret not going to the carnival his kindergarten year". So, Avery and I went and enjoyed a couple hours at the carnival. I spoiled him rotten. It's not everyday we get to hang out one on one! We got to the races just in time for the national anthem...we endured a long but beautiful night of racing; watching Uncle Benny and Daddy! Ben got 2nd and Ash got 5th. It was a good season opener, it felt really good to hear the noise, feel the dirt on my face, the butterflies in my stomach and hold a ice cold beer in my hand! There is just something about the races, I love! On Saturday I woke up early, I wandered to the coffee pot waiting anxiously to "wake up" I whipped up some lemon bars for the desert at my table, painted my toe nails, waxed the caterpillar above my eyes and jumped in the shower! I was done just in time to take out the lemon bars and finish getting ready! I had a great sense of accomplishment! I had done it! I was ready to just sit back and ENJOY! and just that I did! I along with some of my favorite ladies attended the 3rd annual Spring Party at Harvestime Church and a lovely day it was! I decorated a table and surprisingly it won for "most colorful" not surprising, because it was colorful; surprising that out of all of the LOVELY tables decorated...mine won! The whole day I kept thinking of  the verse Psalm 103:5 that says "He fills my life with good things." It was an AMAZING day and I Praise Him for it!
If there is something that I learned this week; it is that: God is who He says He is!  I am who God says I am. I can do ALL things through Him. He is Faithful, I am thankful!



Mass Production.


Eight party favors, complete.
 
Carnival Cakes.




The Spring Party!
My table. Inspired by my boys' birthday party. I was so glad to be able to 'reuse' some of it:)







Some of  the loveliest ladies in my life:)
My dear friend Jordi, my mom, Laurie, my sister in law and dear friend Carmen and the best mother in law a girl could ever ask for, Vicky! I LOVE them all!

'Some' of the other tables...

Americana.


Sunflowers.


Most "creative" 50's theme.



Garden/ rabbits.



Sewing.



Eiffel tower.


Primitive/Country.

I just wanted to add one more thing...
I ran across this last week while reading my bible. It tied into my week and it touched me, I thought it might touch you too...taken from Holy Bible NIV.

Life through the Son
So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted him. Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. Jesus gave them this answer: " I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your own amazement he will show him even greater things than these. For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. Moreover, the father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgement to the Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him. I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you now a time is coming when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man. Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out-those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgement is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me."

John 5:16-30

No comments: