Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Season of Change | God is Good.

Sorry, it has been forever. Where does the time go?
I want to start out by saying God is SO Good! Psalm 5:3 says: In the morning, O Lord you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. I pray this in the morning. It's prayers He hears and it's prayers He answers. For real.
Ashley and I are thinkers; we are dreamers. But, most of all we are doers. Our whole life together we have always had a project. We buy, we fix up, we sell, we enjoy it. Well, not always, but most of the time.
When we built this house we had every intention of living in it for the rest of our life...it's funny how things change. Our 10 acres wasn't quite fit for what we had in mind, much of it being wet and swampy. As I am in labor about to welcome two more babies into the world, Ashley is on the phone inquiring about a 12 acre lot in Elk Mound closer to Eau Claire. It's been 3 years ago already that we decided to make it "ours" for down the road. Ever since, God has been stirring. Stirring our hearts and our thoughts. For the past two years I have prayed on and off, seeking God's will as to where we belong. After deep thoughts and long conversations we were feeling like it was time to put the house on the market. We did. One month later...It SOLD. God is SO Good!


With that being said, reality sets in. So many emotions. Saying good bye to a place where we: grew by two and started school. We've learned how to use the potty, ride a bike and read. We've lost our first tooth and sometimes our temper. We've built forts, friendships and a strong foundation. We've captured creatures of all kinds.We've sung and danced, laughed and cried, screamed and hollered, kissed and made up. We've learned to love and serve Jesus. We have prayed, a lot. We've asked for forgiveness, counted our blessings and rejoiced! Millions of memories we've made and important life lessons learned. All of which we will carry with us in our hearts to the next place we will call "home". Temporary. It's all temporary. This life is temporary. I breathe in, deep. I am thankful that I get to do this life. Gratitude fills the very depths of my soul. I breathe out. He has truly blessed us beyond measure. Always faithful. God is SO Good! On to the next chapter.
The Plan: Moving | Building.
We are packing and moving the stuff. It's all just "stuff". A mere distraction from what is really important. I'm learning and letting go. Giving it away or selling it, boxing it up, moving it, all of it. It's overwhelming and a lot of work. But, we've started. We are building another house. Finally, our dreams have reached the paper. With each decision made they come more to life. But for right now, just a pole building. Our summer residence is a travel trailer inside our pole building on a 6 acre dirt farm field. On the flip side there will be 6 acres of woods for our boys to explore. We will soon be on a new journey 'home'. An adventure! Our tiny house on wheels should be arriving this week. Our pole building is not constructed yet, but soon. Hopefully, soon. We have to be out in just 50 days and counting...Ashley is under the gun. The many tasks of house building will fill in the gaps of an already full summer of gatherings, graduations, kids activities, family get aways and racing! A season of change is upon us. We are seeking God's will, trusting His direction and His timing, we know He never fails and is always GOOD!
Keep us in your prayers.
Peace and Love.

No comments: